World Record Attempt
MullenLowe Profero was asked to pre-launch the new MINI Countryman, the first ever four-door MINI, to gain maximum awareness and sales leads - before the car was even available or the launch advertising had aired.
We had to communicate this was the biggest MINI ever, whilst reassuring it was still a MINI.
We answered the classic question: "how many people can you fit into a MINI?"
We used digital technology to create a MINI World Record. In doing so we created an idea that was pure MINI whilst also demonstrating the Countryman's record size.
We held this world record attempt in high footfall shopping malls across eight major UK cities, where we installed a life-size fiberglass replica of the Countryman; with state of the art digital projection technology inside. We inspired participation by making it as easy as people putting their face against a pane of glass and instantly projecting their image inside the car, as if they were squeezed inside. They were then able to share that footage on their own Facebook page, ongoing record attempts were updated live at MINI.co.uk and on the car's branded Facebook page. All of which enabled us to capture data and connect these leads to the dealers.
- Over 1.4m people saw the installation
- In just 8 days we earned 250k social media shares and mentions
- We turned a walk by into an average engagement time of 7 minutes per person who participated
- We digitally crammed over 10k into the MINI Countryman
- 10% of these shared on their own Facebook pages
- We achieved a near perfect Nielsen Buzz score of +4.65 (+5 highest score).
- We generated over 6k sales leads for the dealer network
- Amazingly, the MINI Countryman sold out before the car had arrived in the UK or the launch advertising had even started
Market Week Engage
Campaign Big Awards